Monday, January 31, 2011

Wow, it has been awhile!

This will be a long post full of lots of pictures so I can update you on all that we have done in the couple months!  Christmas was a very busy season spending time in Saratoga and then a week in Mammoth with the Vidlocks and Knicks!  Now school has gotten started again and I have been busy with my little first graders.  Peter and I have also been busy with a couple weekenders to Mammoth with family and college friends.  The house is definitely showing some progress though even with our lack of work time!

My mom came and planted flowers in our front yard! Definitely adds some nice color to the house! Thanks Mom :)

The baseboards were a really nice addition to the room! New wood floors, new baseboards, and new paint all in the family room!

Now the kitchen demo... the biggest project! Notice the window in this picture, we replaced it and you will see a new one in later pictures!  
The other side of the kitchen...
We now have wood floors, new electrical and plumbing, walls closed up and a new window! Peter did a great job replacing it and I love it! 

So next we decided to paint the kitchen.  We had both envisioned a really warm kitchen and we had seen a few green kitchens that looked really nice.  We decided to go for it and after we painted it we both said ... WOW, that is really green!!! I just had to preface the next picture; however, the color is definitely growing on me.

Once we got the kitchen painted, we were able to lay out the cabinets so that they were ready for installation. 
Eventually a built-in desk will be here...

Starting to look like a kitchen! Look at that beautiful new oven that is staring at me ready to be used!  It isn't quite hooked up but I can't wait to bake some cookies in there!!! :)


WOWZA!! I feel like theme music should be playing.  Now there are still many things that need to be done, but it is really starting to look like a kitchen!  With all the cabinets installed, the green is definitely more doable.  

Now you are up to date! Sorry for waiting so long to update the blog!  Hope you are all doing well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment